Wednesday 19 June 2013

The little things.

Last July my Gramps passed away very unexpectedly. He was the first of my grandparents to go too, which made it that much harder, and I still miss him terribly.

My Gramps was also a very keen carpenter, and over the years had made me jewelry boxes, hat stands, bookshelves, toys, shadow boxes, as well as a lot of other things for our house. I have quite a lot of cousins too, and for each of their 21st's, he would make them a key of some sort. 

Gramps passed away about eight months before I turned 21, and today my dad sent me this little 'S' that he'd found in my Gramps' shed. 



In the note dad said Gramps was going to use it make something for my 21st present. To everyone else this probably doesn't mean much but when I was younger he made me a bookshelf that had the letters "SJP" on the side (my initials), and dad said he think's he was going to do something similar for my birthday. 

I know it doesn't seem like much, but this little "S" means quite a lot to me, as it really is the little things that count.

I feel truly privileged to have known my Gramps, not just as a Grandfather, but as a person, and he continues to be my inspiration of the type of person I want to become.  

I will forever be his 'blossom.'







No comments:

Post a Comment