Friday 22 February 2013

that's a wrap.

For my sister's birthday, I got her a pair of stirling silver heart earrings, but was struggling to come up with a creative way of giving them to her as they were so small. 

I found a cute wee china box with her first initial on the front, so I placed the earrings on a piece of card, with a little bit of tissue paper and put them inside. 



As cute as this looked, I wasn't finished yet - I then bought a mason jar to put the china box inside (and yes I realise this is sounding a wee bit like a one person pass-the-parcel!) I also decided to put some sweets in the jar. Really, you could put any kind of confectionary in the jar, but I settled on White Rabbits. Bit of a backstory, White Rabbits were lollies we had as kids when we lived in Borneo, and I was stoked to find them in a store here in Wellington. 


To finish it off, I added a black ribbon and hand-made a card with a wee typewriter that I drew on the front. My sister seemed to love it, and it put a smile on her face so I was very happy. 

Happy Birthday big sis!



No comments:

Post a Comment