Sunday 10 February 2013

the one year rule.

I am a serious over-packer. Whenever I go away somewhere, even if i'm only going for a night or two, i'll take enough clothes to last me at least a week. 

So I guess there's nothing left to do but admit it....Hi i'm Samme, and i'm a clothes hoarder. 

A few years ago I had a self intervention and decided upon the one year rule. Just as it sounds, the one year rule basically means any clothes I haven't worn in the last year get given to a second hand shop on passed on.  Of course, there are a few stragglers in my wardrobe, like that too small school production shirt or my first concert t-shirt and a ball dress or two, but everything else is stuff that I actually wear.

As a true shopping addict, getting rid of clothes does mean an excuse to go out an buy more, but it also means a chance to be creative, and customise your old clothes into new pieces. 

So far i've managed to stick by the rule, though i'm not sure if thats purely because i've started wearing all my clothes out of fear I might have to give them away!

(and yes, I really am this weird.... le sigh)


P.S, A large section of my wardrobe is taken up with Liner Note Kids apparel.  I may be bias as it's my sisters clothing line, but I think it's pretty awesome, go check it out


No comments:

Post a Comment