Thursday 17 January 2013

Top Knotted.

A hairstyle that has proved very popular is that of the top knot. Although a quick and easy way to sweep all your hair off your face, adding hair accessories can give it that special wee something, and dress it up a little bit more.

Continuing on my love affair with studs and flowers, another summer project was this top knot ribbon.


This is an easy enough DIY project if you'd like to try it at home. I bought the studs from Studs and Spikes (the same ones I used here as collar details) and the ribbon and flowers were from Spotlight, but i'm sure similar ones would be available from any craft store. 

Because of the delicateness of the ribbon, I was scared sticking the studs on would cause it to pucker, so I super glued them on instead. (It is possible to get 'stick on' studs from Amazon, but because I also wanted to use them on clothing, I opted for nailhead studs) 

Once I have my top knot, I simply tie this headband on, leaving a small bow at the back. You can customise this to the max, from changing the colour of the ribbon, flower, to the amount of  studs etc. 

If you're thinking about giving this a go, let me know how yours turns out!


No comments:

Post a Comment